- Data Collection
- employer name,
- contact title,
- email and
- other business contact details.
- Personal Data Usage
- We may process personal data in order to run our business, including:
- managing our relationship with clients;
- developing our businesses and services (such as identifying client needs and improvements in service delivery and learning more about a client, relationship opportunity we have an interest in);
- Analysing and evaluating the strength of interactions between us and a contact.
- Performing analytics, including producing metrics for Corient leadership, such as on trends, relationship maps, sales intelligence and progress against account business goals;
- Administering and managing our website and systems and applications.
- Data Retention Policy
- Data Sharing
Corient processes personal data about contacts (existing and potential Corient clients and/or individuals associated with them) using a customer relationship management system (the “Corient CRM”). The collection of personal data about contacts and the addition of that personal data to the Corient CRM is initiated by a Corient user and will include
In addition, the Corient CRM may collect data from Corient email (sender name, recipient name, date and time) and calendar (organiser name, participant name, date and time of event) systems concerning interactions between Corient users and contacts or third parties.
Personal data relating to business contacts may be used for our legitimate interests including the following:
Managing and developing our businesses and services
Providing information about us and our range of services
Unless we are asked not to, we use client business contact details to provide information that we think will be of interest about us and our services. For example, our newsletter, blogs, other services that may be relevant.
Corient does not sell or otherwise release personal data contained in the Corient CRM to third parties for the purpose of allowing them to market their products and services.
Personal data will be retained on the Corient CRM for as long as we have, or need to keep a record of, a relationship with a business contact, which is for the duration of our relationship with a contact or their organisation.
Personal data may be held for longer periods where extended retention periods are required by law or regulation and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
The Corient CRM is inhouse developed and is hosted on secured cloud servers within United Kingdom. The information in the Corient CRM may be accessed by Corient Group Companies for the purposes described above.